1. a mark, trace, or visible evidence of something that is no longer present or in existence.
2. a surviving evidence or remainder of some condition, practice, etc.
3. a very slight trace or amount of something: Not a vestige remains of the former elegance of the house.
4. Biology: a degenerate or imperfectly developed organ or structure that has little or no utility, but that in an earlier stage of the individual or in preceding evolutionary forms of the organism performed a useful function.
5. Archaic: a footprint; track.
Etymology: Middle French < Latin vestīgium - footprint.
Nope, I’m from Italy!